The Cornhusker State Games is Nebraska’s largest amateur sports festival. With an average of 11,000 athletes annually, the Cornhusker State Games have been a part of Nebraska’s sports community for 38 years. The 2022 Cornhusker State Games will feature 70+ sports. The spirit of the Games is spread statewide by the Torch Run, thanks to the efforts of hundreds of runners and volunteers. Patterned after the Olympic Torch Run, the relay focuses the attention of the public on the Cornhusker State Games as it crosses the state. The promotion of these sports and the Torch Run will be your main responsibility.
- Actively promote and market the Cornhusker State Games and its various programs to fellow students, coaches, teachers, staff, and your community as a whole.
- Display promotional materials including official Cornhusker State Games and Torch Run posters and brochures at your school and sports venues in your town.
- Promote the Cornhusker State Games and Torch Run website and registration links through various electronic platforms including email & social media.
- Make presentations about the Cornhusker State Games to student-athletes and coaches at seasonal sports meetings and practices.
- Promote the Cornhusker State Games at various school-sponsored activities and games.
- Promote the Cornhusker State Games and the Torch Run to athletes in your school and community
- Collaborate with P.E. Teachers on ways to incorporate aspects of the Cornhusker State Games in class.
- Create a pitch for the morning announcement describing the opportunities that are available for students.
- Responsibly promote the Cornhusker State Games using school affiliated social media outlets.
- Send progress reports to the Cornhusker State Games staff about ongoing promotions.
- Valuable experience and an excellent resume builder.
- Opportunity to utilize the Ambassador Program as volunteer/service hours.
- Opportunity to network and build relationships.
- All Ambassadors will receive a complimentary individual sport entry for the 2022 Cornhusker State Games upon completion of minimum requirements. Some limitations may apply.
- Apparel package
- Ambassadors must be High School student-athletes with a passion for sports
- Prior experience as a Cornhusker State Games athlete is preferred but not required
- Must be outgoing, self-motivated, enthusiastic, and willing to embrace the Cornhusker State Games missions
- Basic understanding of marketing principles and the ability to utilize social media
- All interested High School students meeting the qualifications listed above may apply.
- Multiple Ambassadors per school may be selected. Ambassadors will be selected based on the effort, content, and creativity of their application.
- Chosen Ambassadors will finish mid-July
- Approval and Signature from High School Principal or Athletic Director required
- Applications will be accepted until April 1, 2022.
Please submit your completed application form and cover letter via the following methods:
Mail: Cornhusker State Games, PO Box 29366 Lincoln, NE 68529
Po Box 29366
Lincoln, NE 68529
3260 Folkways Blvd
Lincoln, NE 68504