DATE: Saturday, July 17, 2021
Check-in: 6:30 a.m.
Largest Fish: 7 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
SITE: Holmes Lake (70th and Normal Blvd. Lincoln) – View Map
Use the entrance on Normal Blvd. Parking will be available at the first Parking lot just north of the dam and look for the big tent. All participants in the fishing competition must fish in this area so the judges may measure their caught fish.
EQUIPMENT: Participants must bring their own poles, bait, tackle, etc.
REGULATIONS: All Nebraska Game & Parks fishing regulations apply. Go to www.outdoornebraska.gov/fishing
NOTE: Porta-pots will be available at Holmes Lake.
Youth 6 & Under
Youth 7-10 Years
Youth 11-15 Years
Youth 16-18 Years
Adult 19 & Over
- Shoreline Fishing Competition.
- Saturday July 17, 7:00 – 9:30 AM.
- Check in 6:30 – 6:45 AM.
- Tent on north shore of Holmes Lake at the parking lot nearest the dam.
- Report to Larry Pape that you have arrived.
- Pick up scorecard and measuring device.
- A very short welcome and rules presentation will be made at 6:50.
- Proceed to your chosen fishing location.
- Fishing begins at 7:00.
- Self-determine and begin when this time arrives.
- Self-score your own fish by the number caught for each species (Bass, bluegill, catfish and crappie. Green sunfish will be considered as bluegill.)
- Keep track of your longest fish for each species
- Contact a tournament volunteer if help is needed in measuring a fish or verifying a fish species or length.
- Fishing ends at 9:30.
- A tournament volunteer will pick up your scoresheet from where you are fishing.
- Come to the tournament tent at 9:55.
- Scoresheets will be tabulated and the winners announced at 10:00.
LARGEST FISH: Custom Cornhusker State Games gold, silver and bronze medals will be awarded to the top three participants in each age division.
Bass: Custom Cornhusker State Games gold, silver and bronze medals will be awarded to the top three participants in each age division.
Bluegill: Custom Cornhusker State Games gold, silver and bronze medals will be awarded to the top three participants in each age division.
Catfish: Custom Cornhusker State Games gold, silver and bronze medals will be awarded to the top three participants in each age division.
Crappie: Custom Cornhusker State Games gold, silver and bronze medals will be awarded to the top three participants in each age division.
NOTE: The largest fish in each category will be determined by overall length.
Registration Fees & Deadlines
If REGISTERED BY THE FINAL DEADLINE:
$43 per participant until July 14
NOTE: The single entry fee includes both the Largest Fish and Casting Contest events. Participants may enter both events for a single fee.
ENTRY FEE INCLUDES: Competition in the 2021 Cornhusker State Games; White cotton athlete shirt (micro-fiber or soft cotton lightweight tri-blend upgrade available); Sponsor gifts and coupons.
PAPER ENTRY FORMS: Paper entry forms will be accepted with a $5 processing fee. Registering online saves time, money and trees.
Athlete packets will be shipped directly to the athlete at no extra charge. Packets will not be available for in-person pickup. Packets include athlete shirt and one free Arby’s sandwich certificate per person. Athletes will receive their packet prior to competition.
The athlete packets DO NOT contain any sport specific information such as schedules, maps, bib numbers, etc. For sport-specific details, refer to your sport General Information.
JOIN US AT THE OPENING CEREMONIES ON JULY 16!
The show begins at 8 p.m. at Seacrest Field, Lincoln!
Admission is FREE!
OPENING CEREMONIES PROGRAM
• Parade of Athletes
• National Anthem
• Oath of Athletes
• Mascot Showcase
• Super Retriever Series Demo
• Mystery Torchlighter
The Opening Ceremonies will be televised statewide by News Channel Nebraska.
For more details regarding Opening Ceremonies, please refer to the Opening Ceremonies web page.
Po Box 29366
Lincoln, NE 68529
3260 Folkways Blvd Suite B
Lincoln, NE 68504