DATES: July 29-30, 2023
SITE: LSF Sports Complex – 7600 N. 70th St. – View Map
*The Cornhusker State Games reserves the right to utilize other facilities as needed. All teams will be notified if venues change.
RULES: Complete Rules can be found HERE.
AWARDS: Custom Cornhusker State Games gold, silver and bronze medals will be awarded to all members of the top three teams in all divisions.
Men Competitive (11v11)
Men Recreational (11v11)
Mixed Coed (11v11)
Competition Format and Rules
11v11 Adults will with two 40-min halves and a 5-minute halftime.
7v7 Adults will play two 25-min halves and a 5-minute halftime.
Teams will be bracketed by level of competition. Teams will be scheduled a minimum of two pool play games with ALL teams moving on to bracket play. All teams guaranteed three games.
Director reserves the right to shorten/suspend play as deemed necessary, combine/cancel divisions based on the number of entries, and to reclassify teams into appropriate divisions. All teams will be notified of any changes.
ADULT DIVISIONS: All adult players are required to show picture I.D. to referees before each game they play. (Players name on I.D. needs to match tournament registration)
LAWS OF PLAY: FIFA Laws of the Game will govern Play, except where amended by the tournament rules.
PROTESTS: No protests will be allowed.
SUBSTITUTIONS: All divisions will have unlimited substitutions. With the consent of the Field Referee, substitutions may be made from the center of the field during any stoppage of play.
REFEREES: Referee abuse will not be tolerated during the tournament. Players, coaches or fans that abuse referees will be removed from the venue for the length of the tournament. All abuse incidents will be reported to the tournament director within 24 hours of the end of games.
WIN = 3 points
TIE = 1 points
LOSS = 0 points
- Results will be updated online throughout the tournament using Tourney Machine Please check these if your team has a chance to advance to medal games.
- If a team forfeits, the forfeiting team will not be allowed to advance to any medal round
- The team that wins the game due to the forfeit will receive points equivalent to a win with a score of 7-0 (3 points) for adults.
- If a team does not report for play within ten (10) minutes after the scheduled start of the game, that team shall forfeit the
- Games will be considered complete if one half of the game has elapsed and the referee or the Tournament Director terminates the game. (See Rules under Tournament Directors or Playing Conditions)
- Points will be counted for all pool games played. Points will be used for seeding purposes in medal
- Men’s competitive medal places will be determined by
- Overtimes will only be played if it is necessary to determine a winner in a Semifinal or Championship Bracket games will end in a tie.
- In the case of overtime, teams will play two 5-minute time periods. If still tied, FIFA penalty kick rules will apply. Only the players who are on the field when the overtimes end are allowed to participate in the shoot-out. Both teams take at minimum five shots from five different players, or continue until a winner is determined. No bench players may be
In the event of a tie in points prior to the Semifinal or Championship game, the following criteria will be used to determine the winner:
- Winner of head-to-head competition (not used if more than 2 teams are involved)
- Goal Differential — goals scored by a team per game MINUS goals allowed by a team per game.
- Fewest goals allowed
- Most Goals Scored
- Kicks from the penalty
Teams can make roster updates online.
The deadline to make roster updates is 5 p.m. on FRIDAY, JULY 21. Rosters are considered FINAL after that date.
Teams that register online are able to login and make roster substitutions free of charge. Teams that register via the paper entry form will be charged a $10 processing fee to substitute players. Teams are strongly encouraged to register online to eliminate any roster change fees.
– Rosters WILL be checked during tournament. Please make sure your roster is current prior to the July 21 deadline.
– No player is allowed to play on more than one team.
– If registering online, the minimum roster size (based on division) must be entered to advance to check-out.
– Players name on I.D. needs to match tournament registration.
TEAM WAIVER: The team waiver form must be signed by each team member, or by parent/guardian if the participant is 18 years or younger. If the team is registered online, and the online waiver for each player is clicked as ‘Accepted’, no printed/signed waiver is needed. All team waivers must be clicked as ‘Accepted’ or submitted to the Cornhusker State Games office by FRIDAY, JULY 21 to be eligible for competition.
Registration Fees & Deadlines
Teams that register–AND submit a final roster–before June 21 will receive shirts onsite before their first game. There is no early team pickup. Teams that do not submit rosters by June 21 will NOT receive free shirts, but can purchase souvenir items HERE, courtesy of Fine Designs.
$525 for first event until July 21
$425 for first event until July 21
ENTRY FEE INCLUDES: Competition, Summer Fun Freebie vouchers (while supplies last) courtesy of our sponsors.
SHIRTS: Teams that register–AND submit a final roster–before June 21 will receive shirts onsite before their first game. There is no early team pickup—information or items needed for competition, i.e. schedules, maps, rules will be provided onsite or online according to instructions emailed to coaches.
Teams that do not submit rosters by June 21 will NOT receive free shirts, but can purchase souvenir items HERE.
TEAM ONLINE REGISTRATION NOTE: When registering your team online, please note that the system will ask you to enter your team name and roster prior to selecting your sport and division. Click HERE for a “how to” guide on team registration.
PAPER ENTRY FORMS: Paper entry forms will be accepted with a $10 processing fee per team. Registering online saves time, money and trees. If registering via the paper entry form, please rate your team as being Above Average, Average or Below Average. List this information in the Additional Details/Special Instructions section of the entry form.
PO Box 29366
Lincoln, NE 68529
7620 N 70th
Lincoln, NE 68517