DATES: July 15, 2023
SITE: LSF Sports Complex – 7600 N. 70th St. – View Map
*The Cornhusker State Games reserves the right to utilize other facilities as needed. All teams will be notified if venues change.
All teams guaranteed three games.
AWARDS: Custom Cornhusker State Games gold, silver and bronze medals will be awarded to all members of the top three teams in all divisions.
Teams must enter the age group of their oldest rostered player at the time the event is played (7/15/2023). Ages will advance to semis or finals depending on the bracket.
Competition Format and Rules
PLAYING AGES AND FORMATS:
Age Group Format Game Time Roster Size Ball Size
U11 5v5 25 minute halves 10 4
U12 5v5 25 minute halves 10 4
U13 5v5 25 minute halves 10 5
U14 5v5 25 minute halves 10 5
HS 5v5 25 minute halves 10 5
When enough teams are entered, we will form a separate A and B division in an age group.
Where there were not enough teams entered to form a separate bracket for an age group, these teams will be combined with the next age.
FIELD: Each game will be played on half of a full-size field. Each team will have four field players and one goalkeeper on the field at a time.
LAWS OF PLAY: Offside will not be enforced. All free kicks are direct. There will be no slide tackling allowed.
PROTESTS: No protests will be allowed. Disputes will be solved through rock-paper-scissors.
SUBSTITUTIONS: Unlimited substitutions will be allowed on dead balls.
REFEREES: Field marshals will be present to facilitate games. Teams must call their own fouls and respect calls made by the other team. Disciplinary actions will be at the discretion of the field marshal.
WIN = 3 points
TIE = 1 points
LOSS = 0 points
- Results will be updated online throughout the tournament using Affinity/Sports Connect software. Please check these if your team has a chance to advance to medal games.
- If a team forfeits, the forfeiting team will not be allowed to advance to any medal round
- The team that wins the game due to the forfeit will receive points equivalent to a win with a score of 4-0 (3 points).
- If a team does not report for play within ten (10) minutes after the scheduled start of the game, that team shall forfeit the game.
- Games will be considered complete if one half of the game has elapsed and the field marshal or the Tournament Director terminates the game. (See Rules under Tournament Directors or Playing Conditions)
- Points will be counted for all pool games played. Points will be used for seeding purposes.
- Overtimes will only be played if it is necessary to determine a winner in a Semifinal or Championship Bracket games will end in a tie.
- In the case of overtime, teams will play two 5-minute time periods. If still tied, FIFA penalty kick rules will apply. Only the players who are on the field when the overtimes end are allowed to participate in the shoot-out. Both teams take at minimum five shots from five different players, or continue until a winner is determined. No bench players may be used.
In the event of a tie in points prior to the Semifinal or Championship game, the following criteria will be used to determine the winner:
- Winner of head-to-head competition (not used if more than 2 teams are involved)
- Goal Differential — goals scored by a team per game MINUS goals allowed by a team per game. Youth games max GD per game is 4 (i.e. a score of 6-0 will considered 4-0 for this purpose)
- Fewest goals allowed
- Most Goals Scored
- Kicks from the penalty
The TEAM ROSTER/WAIVER form must be fully completed and signed by each team member, including the team manager, coach or captain (or by parent/guardian, if a minor). No player is allowed to play on more than one team. There will be no formal team check-in prior to first games. However, teams must be prepared for roster checks at any time and to show proof of age and identity if questioned. NO Protests Allowed. Only players and coaches listed on the roster are allowed on the sideline. Players must be registered on the team’s tournament roster to participate. Violation of this rule will result in the forfeiture of all games played by the offending teams.
The deadline to make roster updates is 5 p.m. on TUESDAY, JULY 12. Rosters are considered FINAL after that date.
Teams that register online are able to login and make roster substitutions free of charge.
– Rosters WILL be checked during tournament. Please make sure your roster is current prior to the July 12 deadline.
– No player is allowed to play on more than one team.
Registration Fees & Deadlines
Teams that register–AND submit a final roster–before June 21 will receive shirts onsite before their first game. There is no early team pickup. Teams that do not submit rosters by June 21 will NOT receive free shirts, but can purchase souvenir items HERE, courtesy of Fine Designs.
$250 per team until July 13
ENTRY FEE INCLUDES: Competition, Summer Fun Freebie vouchers (while supplies last) courtesy of our sponsors.
SHIRTS: Teams that register–AND submit a final roster–before June 21 will receive shirts onsite before their first game. There is no early team pickup—information or items needed for competition, i.e. schedules, maps, rules will be provided onsite or online according to instructions emailed to coaches.
Teams that do not submit rosters by June 21 will NOT receive free shirts, but can purchase souvenir items HERE.
PO Box 29366
Lincoln, NE 68529
7620 N 70th
Lincoln, NE 68517