DATES: July 16-17, 2022
SITE: LSF Sports Complex – 7600 N. 70th St. – View Map
*The Cornhusker State Games reserves the right to utilize other facilities as needed. All teams will be notified if venues change.
All teams guaranteed three games.
AWARDS: Custom Cornhusker State Games gold, silver and bronze medals will be awarded to all members of the top three teams in all divisions.
Teams must enter the Age group of their oldest rostered player. Ages are based on US Soccer birth year age groups.
8U age group will be festival format. All other ages will advance to semis or finals depending on the bracket.
Competition Format and Rules
PLAYING AGES AND FORMATS:
Age Group Format Game Time Roster Size Ball Size
10U 7v7 25 minute halves 14 4
12U 9v9 25 minute halves 18 4
14U 11v11 30 minute halves 18 5
16U 11v11 35 minute halves 18 5
19U 11v11 35 minute halves 18 5
When enough teams are entered, we will form a separate A and B division in an age group.
Where there were not enough teams entered to form a separate bracket for an age group, these teams will be combined with the next age.
LAWS OF PLAY: The LAWS OF THE GAME as published by FIFA will govern play, except where amended by the information below. Failure to abide by tournament rules may result in forfeiture of a game and/or expulsion from the tournament. NOTE: The offside sanction and build out line will be applied in the U9/U10 division.
PROTESTS: No protests will be allowed.
SUBSTITUTIONS: All Age groups will have unlimited substitutions. With the consent of the Field Referee, substitutions may be made from the center of the field during any stoppage of play.
REFEREES: Referee abuse will not be tolerated during the tournament. Players, coaches or fans that abuse referees will be removed from the venue for the length of the tournament. All abuse incidents will be reported to the tournament director within 24 hours of the end of games.
WIN = 3 points
TIE = 1 points
LOSS = 0 points
- Results will be updated online throughout the tournament using Affinity/Sports Connect software. Please check these if your team has a chance to advance to medal games.
- If a team forfeits, the forfeiting team will not be allowed to advance to any medal round
- The team that wins the game due to the forfeit will receive points equivalent to a win with a score of 4-0 (3 points) for youth.
- If a team does not report for play within ten (10) minutes after the scheduled start of the game, that team shall forfeit the game.
- Games will be considered complete if one half of the game has elapsed and the referee or the Tournament Director terminates the game. (See Rules under Tournament Directors or Playing Conditions)
- Points will be counted for all pool games played. Points will be used for seeding purposes in medal
- Men’s competitive medal places will be determined by
- Overtimes will only be played if it is necessary to determine a winner in a Semifinal or Championship Bracket games will end in a tie.
- In the case of overtime, teams will play two 5-minute time periods. If still tied, FIFA penalty kick rules will apply. Only the players who are on the field when the overtimes end are allowed to participate in the shoot-out. Both teams take at minimum five shots from five different players, or continue until a winner is determined. No bench players may be used.
In the event of a tie in points prior to the Semifinal or Championship game, the following criteria will be used to determine the winner:
- Winner of head-to-head competition (not used if more than 2 teams are involved)
- Goal Differential — goals scored by a team per game MINUS goals allowed by a team per game. Youth games max GD per game is 4 (i.e. a score of 6-0 will considered 4-0 for this purpose)
- Fewest goals allowed
- Most Goals Scored
- Kicks from the penalty
The TEAM ROSTER/WAIVER form must be fully completed and signed by each team member, including the team manager, coach or captain (or by parent/guardian, if a minor). No player is allowed to play on more than one team. There will be no formal team check-in prior to first games. However, teams must be prepared for roster checks at any time and to show proof of age and identity if questioned. NO Protests Allowed. Only players and coaches listed on the roster are allowed on the sideline. Players must be registered on the team’s tournament roster to participate. Violation of this rule will result in the forfeiture of all games played by the offending teams.
The deadline to make roster updates is 5 p.m. on TUESDAY, JULY 12. Rosters are considered FINAL after that date.
Teams that register online are able to login and make roster substitutions free of charge.
– Rosters WILL be checked during tournament. Please make sure your roster is current prior to the July 12 deadline.
– No player is allowed to play on more than one team.
– Players name on I.D. needs to match tournament registration.
Registration Fees & Deadlines
NEW THIS YEAR: CSG souvenir items can be purchased at our online store HERE. All online store orders will be shipped directly to the athlete from the supplier.
$325 per team June 2 – July 5
$400 per team June 2 – July 5
$450 per team June 2 – July 5
U16 – U19
$500 per team June 2 – July 5
ENTRY FEE INCLUDES: Competition in the 2022 Cornhusker State Games; Sponsor gifts and coupons.
Packets will be available for in-person pickup on Friday, July 15 from 8 am – 7 pm at Lincoln East High School.
Packets include athlete shirt (if registered by June 1), athlete pass, and Nebraska State Fair Admission Pass.
The athlete packets DO NOT contain any sport specific information such as schedules, maps, bib numbers, etc. For sport-specific details, refer to your sport General Information.
PO Box 29366
Lincoln, NE 68529
7620 N 70th
Lincoln, NE 68517