LINCOLN, Neb. (March 20, 2021) — The Nebraska Sports Council (NSC) has announced that the Cornhusker State Games (CSG) Torch Run will again be conducted virtually but with an expanded timeframe to allow more participation.
The format calls for runners to register, run a minimum of one mile in a safe location in their home county, and then post a selfie-photo or -video from their mile(s) on the CSG Torch Run Facebook page within the two-week timeframe assigned to their county. It is still free to participate, and all runners receive a free shirt (while supplies last) and entry into a daily prize drawing.
Those interested in running can register and find more details, including the updated schedule and map, at CornhuskerStateGames.com, but here is a breakdown of the key elements:
– Dates: May 24-July 18 with counties divided into four regions and each region lasting two weeks
– Location: Safe mile(s) in runner’s home county
– Eligibility: Nebraska runners of all ages/abilities who can run at least a mile and post a photo or video using #CSGTorch2021
– Perks: free shirt (while supplies last), daily prize drawing, state pride, social media recognition, fitness and fun
– Goals: Spread State Games Spirit, all 93 counties represented for the 2nd straight year, average 15 runners and 40 miles per county for totals of 1,400 and 3,800, respectively
– Donations: While it is free to participate, runners are asked to consider a tax-deductible donation
The Cornhusker State Games Torch Run, sponsored by the Nebraska Chiropractic Physicians Association (NCPA), is the annual precursor to the Cornhusker State Games, a multi-sport festival for athletes of all ages/abilities scheduled for July 16-25 in Lincoln, Omaha and several other Nebraska communities.
Contributing partners of the Torch Run include: Black Hills Energy, Honda of Lincoln, Sam’s Club of Grand Island and Revolution Wraps. Learn more at CornhuskerStateGames.com.