Organizers Hoping for 93-County Representation
LINCOLN, Neb. (May 10, 2023) — The Nebraska Sports Council (NSC) has announced that the Cornhusker State Games (CSG) Torch Run is open for registration. Runners are invited to sign up and run a minimum of one mile during the week designated for their home county.
There is no charge to participate and runners receive a CSG Summer Fun Freebies package and entry into regional and overall prize drawings. Registered Torch Runners can also purchase a CSG shirt for $10.
Those interested in running can register and find more details, including the updated schedule and map, at CornhuskerStateGames.com, but here is a breakdown of the key elements:
- Dates: June 1-28 with counties divided into four regions and each region lasting a week
- Location: Safe mile(s) in runner’s home county
- Eligibility: Nebraska runners of all ages/abilities who can run at least a mile and submit a photo or video using #MyCSGTorch2023
- Perks: CSG Summer Fun Freebies, prize drawings, state pride, social media recognition, fitness and fun
- Goals: Spread State Games Spirit, all 93 counties represented
- Optional: Runners are encouraged to carry a meaningful or possibly humorous (small/safe/no flame) object to symbolize “their torch” and/or dedicate their run using #MyCSGTorch2023
- Donations: While it is free to participate, runners are asked to consider a tax-deductible donation
The Cornhusker State Games Torch Run is the annual precursor to the Cornhusker State Games, a multi-sport festival for athletes of all ages/abilities scheduled for July 14-30 in Lincoln, Omaha and several other Nebraska communities. Learn more at CornhuskerStateGames.com.